Friday, June 17, 2005

I've reached the point in Dracula where it's reminding me of those horrible monthly boy scouts ceremonies we used to attend, where a handful of troop leaders would stand at the front of the sanctuary and do nothing but gush once again of their deep and everlasting love and devotion and respect and trust for one another while I sat there thinking that it would be nice if someone actually said something about the boys for a change, instead of all the swell moments the adults had shared off in a side room during the troop meetings.

Which is to say I'm tired of Stoker's characters assuring one another of how much they respect and love one another. Talk about vampires for a change, would you already?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...