Monday, March 13, 2006

I didn't manage to get much reading done over the weekend so I'm only about 80 pages into The Amalgamation Polka at this point. I'm loving it, though, and hope to post a couple of passages from the book later in the day. Spring weather plus allergies plus daily migraines plus long phone conversations plus daughter decompressing from midterms via lots of movies and knitting did not lead to a reading-friendly weekend.

S. and I have started watching the Adventure of English series from the Films for the Humanities and Sciences. We're hooked!

Last night a girl came to the desk at the library and said, "I need a book called Autobiography." I blink, then ask her whose autobiography she needs. She informs me it's supposed to be on reserve for her class, then thinks to look on her syllabus for the autobiographer's name.

Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...