All morning I struggled with the sensation of stray wisps of one world seeping though the cracks of another. Do you know the feeling when you start reading a new book before the membrane of the last one has had time to close behind you? You leave the previous book with ideas and themes--characters even--caught in the fibers of your clothes, and when you open the new book, they are still with you.
--Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy MLK Jr. Day!
This morning I took our senior cat Charlie to the vet for his monthly arthritis shot. L. ordered an induction range (on sale!) for our retir...
-
Last night I read Julian Barnes' The Sense of an Ending . Yes, the night before it went up against Donald Ray Pollock's The Devil Al...
-
As I said on New Year's Day, one of my projects for the year is to keep track of all the reading done by the characters in the fiction t...
-
Anthony Trollope's 200th birthday takes place on April 24, and Karen at Books and Chocolate is hosting an Anthony Trollope Bicenntenni...
Love that quote.
ReplyDeleteWe just read this book for our book club this month, and I absolutely loved everything about it. I highly recommend it to everyone. It's a great Halloween read.
ReplyDeleteOh, I loved that passage, too! Much of what I loved about the book was that it was about loving books--meta-love, if you will.
ReplyDelete