Saturday, October 20, 2007

Let the reading commence!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-thon offically kicks off in three and a half hours, but, since I've been awake since 5:30 and everyone else in my house is still asleep (there was a sleepover here last night), I'm starting early. I've a huge stack of books on the piano bench downstairs that I'll be keeping close at hand and of course there are all the double-stacked shelves of books up here in the study that I may resort to pulling from if the pre-selected reading materials fail to suit my mood.

I'll be coming on line periodically to update. First report should be after I've completed Henry James's The Turn of the Screw. Everyone else read this one for the R.I.P. Challenge last year, but I'm only now getting around to it. Of course, scary stories ought to be read late at night, but since this is James, my brain is telling me it'll have an easier time with his sentence structure if I read the story while I'm fresh.

Happy reading to all the other participants!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on the read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck & happy reading--hang in there with turn of the screw--it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! And I enjoy your time reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a unofficial lurker cheerleader and more of a laconic blogfriend (dewey's term) Good luck with your reading. Have fun and try to not to spill anything else. :)

    Cheering for you!

    Robin in CA

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...