Thursday, July 27, 2006

Very Selective Book Meme

Sylvia tagged me for the Very Selective Book Meme:

1. One book that changed your life:

Myths to Live By. Joseph Campbell

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:

Harriet the Spy. Louise Fitzhugh

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:

A book that would help me get off a desert island.

4. One book that made you laugh:

To Say Nothing of the Dog, or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last. Connie Willis.

5. One book that made you cry:

Crooked Hearts. Robert Boswell. Made me sob right outloud.

6. One book that you wish had been written:

Peter Rushforth's sequel to A Dead Language.

7. One book that you wish had never been written:

Lord of the Rings. Yes, I know you've read this ten million times. Just shut up about it already, okay?

8. One book you’re currently reading:

Proust at the Majestic. Richard Davenport-Hines

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:

The People's Act of Love. James Meek. Next month, I promise.

10. Now tag five people:

Carol, John, Sharon, Lesley and Jill.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:20 AM

    Love #3! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:07 AM

    I haven't either, but thanks! Do I answer the same questions on my blog and then tag 5 more people? Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you answer the questions on your blog and then, if you like, you tag other people to answer them as well.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:33 AM

    Yes, you have to read the Meek book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like #3 also. :)

    I'll play, but it may be a couple of days, as I've got a backlog of queued Waldrop and Calvino posts to get through first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice selection (and #3 made me chuckle). I will have to pull out Crooked Hearts from my piles -- I got it at a book sale a while back but never read...now, I'm interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:27 PM

    Oh, I've been tagged! Give me a day or two to think about my answers and I'll post on my blog.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...