Sylvia tagged me for the Very Selective Book Meme:
1. One book that changed your life:
Myths to Live By. Joseph Campbell
2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
Harriet the Spy. Louise Fitzhugh
3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
A book that would help me get off a desert island.
4. One book that made you laugh:
To Say Nothing of the Dog, or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last. Connie Willis.
5. One book that made you cry:
Crooked Hearts. Robert Boswell. Made me sob right outloud.
6. One book that you wish had been written:
Peter Rushforth's sequel to A Dead Language.
7. One book that you wish had never been written:
Lord of the Rings. Yes, I know you've read this ten million times. Just shut up about it already, okay?
8. One book you’re currently reading:
Proust at the Majestic. Richard Davenport-Hines
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
The People's Act of Love. James Meek. Next month, I promise.
10. Now tag five people:
Carol, John, Sharon, Lesley and Jill.