Sylvia tagged me for the Very Selective Book Meme:
1. One book that changed your life:
Myths to Live By. Joseph Campbell
2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
Harriet the Spy. Louise Fitzhugh
3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
A book that would help me get off a desert island.
4. One book that made you laugh:
To Say Nothing of the Dog, or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last. Connie Willis.
5. One book that made you cry:
Crooked Hearts. Robert Boswell. Made me sob right outloud.
6. One book that you wish had been written:
Peter Rushforth's sequel to A Dead Language.
7. One book that you wish had never been written:
Lord of the Rings. Yes, I know you've read this ten million times. Just shut up about it already, okay?
8. One book you’re currently reading:
Proust at the Majestic. Richard Davenport-Hines
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
The People's Act of Love. James Meek. Next month, I promise.
10. Now tag five people:
Carol, John, Sharon, Lesley and Jill.
Sherman Alexie cancels book tour for memoir about his mother.
Why is Ben Murphy so happy? Because for once in his life, he's on time. He beat Roger Davis, Steve Kanaly and the moderator to the pan...
Last night I read Julian Barnes' The Sense of an Ending . Yes, the night before it went up against Donald Ray Pollock's The Devil Al...
When I finished Kevin Brockmeier's A Brief History of the Dead last spring I immediately did a search to see if the Coca-Cola Corp. had...