Thursday, December 16, 2004

Blue Books

A Daily Kos contingent has created a website, Buy Blue, that tracks the political contributions of major retailers and corporations, and Dennis Loy Johnson at Moby Lives has highlighted the differences between the major booksellers based on the site.

There's enough difference to make me want to change my book buying habits--and I will. The frustrating thing about having such knowledge is learning which companies undercut your own considerations and not having any other viable options--there aren't always blue alternatives for necessities in red states.

I can choose blue for books, however, very easily. I don't have to continue to support Jeff Bezos who is partially responsible for those annoying two per day phone calls I received from the Richard Burr campaign week after week after week.

And I can take R. out for Starbucks to celebrate the end of exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...