Thursday, June 21, 2007



Happy Midsummer Night! Just a brief post to say that I've finished Carl's Once Upon a Time Challenge, even though I've done a poor job of writing about the books. (I have been a very lazy blogger this year.)

I read Doctor Faustus for my folklore selection; Pedro Paramo for fantasy; Gilgamesh for mythology, and The Ladies of Grace Adieu for fairy tale; and per Carl's suggestion, A Midsummer Night's Dream, which I was happy to finally get around to reading.

We leave early tomorrow for ALA in DC and a performance of Hamlet at the Shakespeare Theatre. I'm packing only one book--Jonis Agee's latest--but hoping to come home with many more.

See you all the middle of next week!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:37 AM

    Congrats on finishing the challenge! Have fun at the conference and hope you get lots of books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have fun at ALA! Love the photo--the outside shot seems fitting for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing the challenge! I hope to get to The Ladies of Grace Adieu one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:14 AM

    Yes, congratulations on finishing the challenge! I'm looking forward to seeing your more extended thoughts on the quite excellent Pedro Paramo -- a book that has long haunted me.

    And if you don't say anything, I'll have to dig out my copy, reread it, and review it myself!

    Have a great ALA trip ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun at ALA. A bunch of lit bloggers have talked about being there. Maybe you'll run into some :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:04 PM

    Ah, my home town! I hope you're having a nice time here in D.C. I've heard wonderful things about the "Hamlet" playing at the Shakespeare theatre. I hope you enjoy it. I wasn't able to make it to the ALA this year :( but everyone really seems to be enjoying it and I've been having a great time hanging out with bookish friends who've just come into town. Hope you're having a wonderful time too!

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...