JenClair, J.S. Peyton, and Gentle Reader have tagged me for the 8 Random Things meme.
The rules -
1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
1. For more than a decade I was as addicted to cross-stitching as I was to reading; in fact, I look back on the 80s as my cross-stitch years. I do wish I'd managed not to burn out until after I'd finished my son's Christmas stocking instead of midway through it though (I'm sure he does, too).
2. When possible, I avoid taking elevators. The fast ones make me queasy and even on the ones that move slowly enough not to make me ill, who'd want to risk being trapped between floors with a bunch of strangers? It's stairs for me.
3. When I was in 7th or 8th grade, a friend and I attempted to ride our horses down the main street of town. We made it as far as the police station, where a cop stood out front glaring at us, and when he said, "You girls get those horses out of town" in a very mean way we didn't tell him it was a free country the way we'd planned to say to anyone who dared try to stop us. Instead we said, "Yes sir," and turned the horses up the nearest side street and hightailed it out of there.
4. I've worked as a poll worker at the local precinct since Election Day 1993, a day when so many people turned out to vote that a line still wound its way through the halls of the school and out the front door when the polls officially closed at 7:30. When I got home late that night I swore I'd never do that again. This fall I will actually be a precinct judge. I can't wait for training!
5. I loved thirtysomething and periodically check Amazon to see if it's finally been slated for release.
6. I wrote a play about local legend Tom Dooley when I was in 8th grade. Unfortunately, I included too much of my research; the fact that I mentioned that the three principal players had veneral disease kept the play from being considered for class production.
7. I rarely work crossword puzzles but this week, in an effort to ward off early onset Alzheimer's disease, I'm attempting to do one each day. What's a nine letter word for very old-fashioned that starts with hide?
8. I'm going to both NY and DC in June. Yippee!
I'm not tagging anyone because I can't keep straight who's been tagged and who hasn't.