Thursday, March 22, 2007

Keeping It Short

Booking Through Thursday:

1. Short Stories? Or full-length novels?

I love them both. I read more short stories when I was writing fiction; once I get out of this "fallow field" stage that has gone on for much too long, I expect I'll spend more time reading them again.

2. And, what's your favorite source for short stories? (You know, if you read them.)

Individual collections (although I rarely read them straight through); BASS and O. Henry and New Stories from the South; literary magazines (the late Story, Georgia Review, Alaska Quarterly Review, etc.); the New Yorker; various story anthologies from college and used book stores.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:46 PM

    I seem to only talk about reading short stories...instead of actually doing it. I do want to, but I never seem to pick up whatever book of short stories I have sitting on my nightstand.

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...