Thirteen distractions that have kept me from blogging this week:
1. Dan Simmons' The Terror.
2. The pilot episode of The Riches.
3. L. needing the computer to do the taxes.
5. Taking S. to the optometrist (he flunked the vision test at the DMV last week) and finding out that his vision isn't anywhere near bad enough for him to be flunking DMV vision tests.
6. Taking S. to the DMV where he flunked the vision test AGAIN before getting a form to take to the optometrist.
7. Taking the form and S. back to the optometrist.
8. Taking the form and S. back to the DMV where they had no choice but to accept the universe's decree that doctor's note trumps stupid DMV vision test.
9. Stress from 5-8.
10. Phone calls from R. who is spring breaking in California this week and convincing herself that she ought to go to Berkeley for grad school.
11. Joss Whedon commentary to Serenity.
12. Alberto Gonzales's expected resignation.
13. Losing my credit card. L. used it, gave it back to me, and I somehow managed to put it down somewhere other than where I usually keep it. I keep looking in all the logical spots. . .