Monday, September 14, 2009

Tomorrow's election day! Or, at least it's election day here. And since the Board of Elections is expecting next to no turnout, I may actually get some reading done while at the polls.

Unless I change my mind between now and 5:25 a.m. tomorrow, I'll be taking with me:

Poseidon's Steed: The Story of Seahorses from Myth to Reality by Helen Scales

Don't Look Now by Daphne Du Maurier

The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett

The Hammett is one of the choices for the Slaves of Golconda's next read, but since voting at this point favors Susan Hill's The Woman in Black I thought I'd read it for the R.I.P. challenge and knock another one off the Modern Library list.

1 comment:

  1. I so want to read something by Du Maurier. I keep seeing her books popping up all over the place right now and Danielle has mentioned some of short stories which sound so good. Hope you get in some reading time!

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...