Saturday, June 06, 2009

RIP, Readerville

I'm stunned. Absolutely stunned. Readerville has closed its doors.

The internet will never be the same.


Danielle said...

Sorry to hear that. I've checked it out a few times but never got around to spending much time there. It looked like a nice reading site. I wonder why they closed down.

SFP said...

It was incorporated, so I suppose the lack of making money had a lot to do with it. :(

If you can possibly make the time in the next few days, swing by and read the discussion with Elizabeth Strout before it disappears--she'd just won the Pulitzer for Olive Kitteridge, and it's just wonderful to read.

Kaethe said...

We're all stunned. I'm mentally flailing about.

Cindy said...

BookBalloon is a site that works similar to the old format from Readerville. Those of you who would like to continue being part of a reading community, albeit in its fledging stages, come on by for a visit. You'll see lots of familiar faces, as well as some new ones.

Rebecca said...

it was a really good site, but I suppose money is everything.

Which is really too bad.