Sunday, May 17, 2009

Third Annual Southern Reading Challenge



Even in a year when I'm keeping my distance from reading challenges, I'll be a happy participant in Maggie's Southern Reading Challenge.

Three Southern novels between May 15 and August 15. Weekly contests and drawings; I'll be the one most interested in noting the state of any mules that meander through the pages from the possibilities below:

The Hamlet. William Faulkner

Losing Battles. Eudora Welty

City of Refuge. Tom Piazza

Serena. Ron Rash

The Scarlet Thread. Doris Betts

Off For the Sweet Hereafter. T. R. Pearson

The Wettest County in the World. Matt Bondurant

The New Valley. Josh Weil

3 comments:

  1. You always seem so chipper when it comes to this challenge....happy reading! I'm interested in hearing about the Pearson novel. Love the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I just gave you a blog award!. Come check it out.

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...