Saturday, April 18, 2009

Readathon Third Hour Update

So I've finished Genesis (didn't see that ending coming, that's for sure), talked to my mother-in-law on the phone about books and manuscripts and next weekend's plans, and intend to start The Fire Gospel next. First I have to start a load of laundry so that for while longer I can keep up the pretense that it's just a normal Saturday, not one in which I intend to read for 24 hours straight. It does help that I started the day with a migraine--it does keep the family's expectations low.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry about the migraine! I have to do a bit of laundry too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your head feels better. Good luck with the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:52 PM

    I love the quote you have from Joyce Carol Oates -- she is one of my favorite authors and that is a beautiful quote on reading.

    Good luck with the Read-a-Thon!
    Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be doing a bit of laundry later on, too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...