Saturday, April 18, 2009

First hour: Introduction Questions

Where are you reading from today?

I'm in Charlotte, North Carolina.

3 facts about me …

I work in a university library.
I had leftover Chinese food for breakfast.
I wish I'd managed to swing by the public library last night to pick up Firmin; it would have made a great read-a-thon selection.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?

I'm starting the readathon with a science fiction novel that showed up in my mail a couple weeks back: Bernard Beckett's Genesis.

Close at hand I have Poppy Adams' The Behavior of the Moths, Nathanael West's The Day of the Locust, Michel Faber's The Fire Gospel, and D'Aulaire's Book of Norse Myths.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?

Last year I read 900 pages. I have no goals this year, other than to try to stay up all night--I have a tendency to shut down early.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?

This is my third read-a-thon; I skipped the one last October. My advice is to just relax and have a good time.

5 comments:

  1. Happy reading! I had a really good time with The Fire Gospel a couple of months ago and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping by. 900 pages is awesome...I can only aspire:) Is there someone who will run to the library for you? I designated a coffee runner but he is still in bed:( Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about Firmin...that would've been a nice choice.
    I'm blanking if I've read Day Of The Locust...I know I read Miss Lonelyhearts...aargh, that's gonna bug me till I clap eyes on my reading journal again. Anyway, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your migraine is better. Chinese for breakfast? Not sure I could do it.

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...