Sunday, November 19, 2006

Hee. A student came to the desk a little bit ago asking for an L2 file he said his instructor had placed on reserve for his class.

Do you think she meant an LP? I ask. I already know the answer; the record in question's been in constant demand all evening.

He maintains she said L2, although he admits he doesn't have a clue what it is.

I hand him the album and point him in the direction of the record player.

This is really old school, he says.

A few minutes later he comes back and asks me to show him how to find the movement he's supposed to listen to.

Two sides to a disk can really throw a modern guy. It's like a totally foreign concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...