Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Reckoning Day

L. has accused me of "high order book snobbery" because I failed to note the name of the audiobook that he listened to over the weekend and has requested that I rectify the situation:

"The book was Financial Reckoning Day by William Bonner. I highly recommend the audio book from the library because --although you may not know it it--you really can't afford to buy it. It's easy to decide if you should read (listen to) this book. Go to your employer's 401k website, look at your balance and compare it to the total contributions. If you are, as I was, stunned at how little investment return had occurred over decades of contributions (mostly to stocks), Financial Reckoning Day will explain this revelation in exhaustive detail and prescribe some nasty medicine. "

Mea culpa, mea culpa. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...