Monday, July 25, 2005

“Go and get him Saddam's gun,” Condi said. “You know how he likes to hold it.”

The William Faulkner parody (The Administration and the Fury) that made me laugh until I cried last February has won the Faux Faulkner contest; Ernest Hemingway parody winners have also been chosen.

A Guardian article on Elizabeth Kostova and The Historian. I loaned my copy last week to my mother-in-law, who'd gone to the terrible horrible bookstore in our hometown and asked for "the new vampire novel" that was so popular this summer. Terrible horrible bookstore didn't have a clue what she was talking about.

The list of teen authors stretches back to 19-year-old Mary Shelley and Frankenstein; The CSM touches upon a few of these youngsters in its article on Helen Oyeyemi and The Icarus Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...