Wednesday, February 23, 2005

New meme

There's a new meme I've seen several times in the last few days--by which authors have you read at least 10 books. I could only think of a couple off the top of my head--Anne Tyler (16 plus her children's book Tumble Tower) and Margaret Drabble (15), but thanks to my- not- totally- comprehensive- but- at- least- extensive lifetime reading list I came up with the rest. I have no clue how many books I read in my early teens by Zane Grey, Alistair MacLean, Emilie Loring or Grace Livingston Hill (probably as many as my aunts and uncles owned), but I know I've read at least ten by:

Margaret Atwood
Margaret Drabble
Anne McCaffrey (from my cross stitch years)
Larry McMurtry
Iris Murdoch
William Shakespeare
Lee Smith
Anne Tyler
John Updike
Kurt Vonnegut
Bill Watterson (Calvin & Hobbes counts in my world)

I can bring A.S. Byatt and Carol Shields up to 10 this year by reading short stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...