Thursday, February 03, 2005

Another "Booked by Three" book meme from Shelly's Book Shelf:

1. Name the titles of 3 books (not necessarily the books, themselves) that you particularly like.

Being Dead. Jim Crace
Werewolves in Their Youth. Michael Chabon
The Primate’s Memoir. Robert M. Sapolsky

2. Name 3 characters you found memorable and the books they appeared in.

Unnamed narrator in Do the Windows Open? by Julie Hecht
Augustus McCrae in Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
Benna Carpenter in Anagrams by Lorrie Moore

3. Give 3 favorite first lines and the books they came from.

My parents seemed to believe in letting everyone do whatever they wanted until they became very good at it or died.

--Robin Hemley, Nola

When my nose finally stops bleeding and I’ve disposed of the bloody paper towels, Teddy Barnes insists on driving me home in his ancient Honda Civic, a car that refuses to die and that Teddy, cheap as he is, refuses to trade in.

--Richard Russo, Straight Man

I write this sitting in the kitchen sink.

--Dodie Smith, I Capture the Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...