Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The Donnie Darko Book

I read the interview with Richard Kelly and the script to Donnie Darko at work last night. I still have a few pages of Roberta Sparrow's Philosophy of Time Travel left to read.

It was interesting to read bits of dialogue that differed slightly from what wound up on the screen and portions of scenes that were cut from both the original and the director's cut. I have a better understanding now as to why Dr. Monnitoff speaks Donnie's name while he and Ms. Pomeroy are grading papers, but I'm still perplexed as to Cherita Chen's true purpose; surely Donnie doesn't base his decision on making things better for her, but for Gretchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...