Sunday, November 28, 2004

The Dictionary of Smoky Mountain English

It's just as well that Roy Blount Jr. didn't review The Dictionary of Smoky Mountain English back in March when it was published by the University of Tennessee because I would have convinced myself that I had to buy it since it wasn't in local library catalogues at the moment it was brought to my attention. It's quite pricey.

But now it's all processed and shelved, waiting for me to check it out and keep it until someone else gets desperate enough to place a hold on it.

Smoky English is my first language and I'm gonna glory in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...