Thursday, January 03, 2008

Anticipation

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Last week we talked about the books you liked best from 2007. So this week, what with it being a new year, and all, we’re looking forward….

What new books are you looking forward to most in 2008? Something new being published this year? Something you got as a gift for the holidays? Anything in particular that you’re planning to read in 2008 that you’re looking forward to? A classic, or maybe a best-seller from 2007 that you’re waiting to appear in paperback?

I've already posted my reading resolutions and an extensive pool of books and authors for several reading challenges I'll be participating in. I'm excited about many of these books. And my latest book stack; I'm very excited about all of those.

Otherwise, I find myself looking forward to a few that have yet to be published:

We Are Now Beginning Our Descent by James Meek, which will be out in time for Mother's Day.

The Eternal Husband by Dostoevsky, which should be out soon. I love that cover!

The People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks, which is actually just out this week, but I have to wait for my next gift card before I can order it. Bummer.

Booking Through Thursday

10 comments:

  1. There are a lot of books on my shelves to be read as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to various challenges too. I've never had any sort of reading plan before, and I'm really enjoying the sense of anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if it's more exciting or frightening to start out the year with an already-stacked TBR pile. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. People of the Book is one of my most anticipated too! Hope we both like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. People of the Book looks good. I really enjoyed Year of Wonders by her.
    Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:38 AM

    My TBR books seem a mile long! Should I be scared or happy?!

    Booking through anticipation

    ReplyDelete
  7. My TBR shelf just grew three more books in the last couple of days! I can't stop myself! I need to take a year off just to read them all!
    I haven't heard of The People of the Book. I am going to check it out, Happy BTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't realize that Meek was coming out with a new book--so different than his last! I have a hard time keeping track now of new books--there needs to be one good source, but I can't find it. I want the Brooks book, too. I'll be using my gift card soon for that one. I have too many books I'm looking for to list them in one post--plus I keep changing my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:24 PM

    Have you read March by Geraldine Brooks? It's been on my TBR list for ages. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read great things about People of the Book. It is definitely on my list for 2008. I read March and loved it, and I have Year of Wonders but haven't gotten around to it, yet.

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...