Saturday, October 14, 2006

I'm about 50 pages from the end of Harriet Hume and when I get there I'm going to call "Finished!" to the R.I.P. Challenge. Granted, that means I'll have to count The Island of Doctor Moreau from back in August in order to reach the five book quota (reviews pending), and I'll have two-thirds of The Italian still to go, the book most appropriate for the challenge, but I want to give myself plenty of time to read Indiana for the Slaves and to make a bit of progress in In the Shadow of Young Girls in Flower for Involuntary Memory and the library stack needs some attention before I begin The Red and the Black with Isabella's crowd the first of November. Ann Radcliffe I can read slowly.

This evening, though, I'm watching Céleste, a German film with English subtitles based on Monsieur Proust, Céleste Albaret's memoir about her years as a housekeeper for Proust while he was writing Remembrance of Things Past.

And I now have what I've always wanted:

My own book store.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy-- I still can't read more than one book at a time. I get mixed up. Congratulations on your bookstore! You're a bookseller now!

    Technical question: did you use the Amazon ECS program with Associates? Is it easy to learn? I've been idly looking at that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called aStore Beta, and info on setting up a store should show up at the top of your Associates page, Renee. I'd looked right through it until I noticed the stores MFS and Kimbofo had set up this week. "Links generated with the Amazon E-Commerce Service are not part of the test," according to the beta info.

    I don't know if it'll help me sell more books, but it seems as if it'll be fun to piddle with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nifty little bookstore you have there!

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...