Thursday, October 26, 2006

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

This was definitely the closest of all:

Indeed, he was not lying when he told her that she was the only love of his life; he had never before loved so purely nor for such a long time. In her presence he would forget everything that was not her. Society and politics were erased from his memory. He was happy with this domestic life, with the family routine which she created for him. He admired her patience and her strength.

Can you guess the book?

4 comments:

  1. Would that be from a book the Slaves are getting reading to discuss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd just finished it when I saw this meme on Dorothy's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:46 PM

    I responded at M-mv. 'hope all is well with you.

    MFS
    http://mentalmultivitamin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm embarrassed -- I couldn't figure it out and I just finished the book. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...