Friday, October 23, 2009

Turn it on, turn it up. . .



because it's Dwight Yoakam's birthday! And Dwight's birthday is always the start of an annual three-day celebration around my house, because I'm fortunate enough to have a birthday the day after my favorite musician's and the day before my favorite author's. I was bummed for years that I'd missed sharing a birthday with Anne Tyler by a day, but then Dwight came along and I realized just how perfect it was that I nestled down between the two of 'em.

So anyway, a trip to YouTube this morning clued me in that I've missed some great concerts this year (somebody ought to stop snubbing North Carolina). Above, Dwight segues from Elvis to (You Don't Know What It's Like) To Love Somebody, and below, he interjects a Gordon Lightfoot quota into what's probably the encore. He sounds rather hoarse, but gorgeous all the same.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday...what a great trio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's go
    Let's go, chip in, it's time to cheer,
    It's simple, yell what you hear,
    Go Reader Go,
    Go Reader Go,
    Fire up and scream,
    Read
    Read Read!

    Love Dwight Yokum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're having fun. Happy reading! =)

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...