Thursday, December 06, 2007

OOP

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This week’s question is suggested by Island Editions:
Do you have a favourite book, now out of print, that you would like to see become available again? (I have several…)

I've celebrated E.C. Spykman, my favorite author from childhood, before. I'd love to see A Lemon and a Star, The Wild Angel, Terrible, Horrible Edie and Edie on the Warpath all brought back into print.

And for adult fare, I'll go with Rebecca West's fiction, particularly The Judge, and Elspeth Huxley's Red Strangers and all of Christina Stead's fiction as well--not that I've read it, but I intend to, and wish it were easier to come by.

I'll probably think of others once I've had my coffee.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I got my wish on that one this week with the upcoming April 22 reprint of The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread by Don Robertson. Spread the news: Bird is the word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that I've missed out on some good books. Haven't heard of any of these. :(

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...