Wednesday, September 14, 2005

That saturation point I mentioned I'd reached where books were concerned? Merely a short-lived phenomenon.

I used my Borders gift cards last night. I decided against the Flame Trees of Thika dvd ("you know we'd only watch it once," S. said) and obtained it in the more apt to be used more than once form of a book.

I also ordered Jane Smiley's Thirteen Ways of Looking at the Novel (at 600 plus pages I don't want to get this one from the library); Zadie Smith's On Beauty (because of the Howards End connection); and the Patty Loveless cd I'd originally intended to purchase.

Book greed. Yum.

(And yes, I'm working on my Revealing Books list, not to mention Don Quixote.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...