Jill tagged me for the Sevens meme back before Christmas and while I intended to answer, my tendency to procrastinate got the better of me. Seven of anything is an exhausting amount!
Then Carol tagged me with an email meme yesterday. I decided to answer Carol's meme on the blog, in deference to the meme I didn't do for Jill.
(If anyone remains unannoyed by this chain of events, let me know. I'm sure it can be arranged.)
1. What time did you get up this morning? Sevenish.
2. Diamonds or pearls? I would like an emerald, thankyouverymuch
3. What was the last film you saw at the theater? Brokeback Mountain
4. Favorite TV Show? Currently don't have one, but eager for the new season of Deadwood to start
5. What did you have for breakfast? Had a migraine, so I didn't eat a thing.
6. What is your middle name? Susan
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Japanese
8. What foods do you dislike? Tomatoes
9. Your favorite Potato chip? Prefer corn chips--Fritos
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? This is the hardest question. It's, um, ah, well, I've been listening to a lot of Emmylou Harris lately.
11. What kind of car do you drive? PT Cruiser
12. What characteristics do you despise? Rudeness, sanctimoniousness, untruthfulness, histrionics
14. Favorite items of clothing? Jeans, T-shirts
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Iceland and Italy
16. What color is your bathroom? Blue
17. Favorite brand of clothing? Don’t have a clue
18. Where would you retire? North Carolina mountains
19. Favorite time of day? Morning
20. Where were you born? North Carolina
21. Favorite sport to watch? Horse-racing
24. What laundry detergent do you use? Tide unscented
25. Coke or Pepsi? Coke
26. Are you a morning person or night owl? Morning
27. What size shoe do you wear? 8.5 or 9
28. Do you have pets? All pet slots are currently filled. . . Three cats, three parrots and a pug
29. What would you like to share with your friends? A camping trip in Utah
30. What (who) did you want to be when you were little? A cowboy
31. Favorite Candy Bar? Turtles
32. What is your best childhood memory? Riding horses with my cousins
33. What are the different jobs you have had in your life? Reporter, teacher, writing proficiency test scorer/instructor and library worker
36. Piercing? Ears – one in each
37. Eye color: Blue
38. Ever been to Africa? No
39. Ever been toilet papering? No
40. Love someone so much it made you cry? Yes
41. Been in a car accident? Only if being the last car hit in a four-car bash-up counts
42. Croutons or bacon bits? Both
43. Favorite day of the week? Thursday—I've always enjoyed anticipating the weekend
44. Favorite restaurant? Ishi's (Japanese)
45. Favorite flower? Iris
46. Favorite ice cream? Vanilla-chocolate swirl
47. Disney or Warner Brothers? Neither
48. Favorite fast food restaurant? No longer in existence—Holly Farms Fried Chicken
49. What color is your bedroom carpet? Beige
50. How many times did you fail your driver's test? One
51. Before this one, from whom did you get your last e-mail? Someone from the Dwight Yoakam mailing list announcing that the tickets for the concert next month in Fayetteville go on sale this Friday.
52. Which store would you choose to max out your Credit Card? Ethan Allen or any bookstore
53. What do you do most often when you are bored? Imagine stuff
54. Bedtime? Elevenish
56. Last person you went to dinner with? Husband and son
57. Ford or Chevy? Have owned two Fords in my life, which doesn't necessarily make me a fan
58. What are you listening to right now? Dog at the bottom of the stairs barking for someone to come carry her up the stairs
59. What is your favorite color? Green
60. Lake, Ocean or River? River
61. How many tattoos do you have? None
62. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? The egg
66. Where would you go for a girls/guys weekend get-a-way? Washington, DC
67. What you'd do if you had to select another career? Get a master's degree first
69. Favorite Family Vacation? London
70. All Time Favorite Concert? Dwight Yoakam in the Long Branch Saloon, Raleigh, 2000.
Sherman Alexie cancels book tour for memoir about his mother.
Why is Ben Murphy so happy? Because for once in his life, he's on time. He beat Roger Davis, Steve Kanaly and the moderator to the pan...
Last night I read Julian Barnes' The Sense of an Ending . Yes, the night before it went up against Donald Ray Pollock's The Devil Al...
When I finished Kevin Brockmeier's A Brief History of the Dead last spring I immediately did a search to see if the Coca-Cola Corp. had...