A meme from Blog Jar:
1) My uncle once: snuck a parrot into the U.S. illegally.
2) Never in my life: have I been to NYC.
3) When I was five: the parrot snuck into the U.S. illegally lived at my house and was my best friend.
4) High school was: a mixed bag.
5) Fire is: my oldest fear, thanks to the fact that I saw my dad go inside a burning chicken house when I was a little kid (he was a volunteer fireman; later, the chief), but I never saw his back- door exit.
6) I once saw: a cousin eat Alpo that another cousin was heating up on the stove for her spoiled little dog
7) There’s this woman I know who: offered to give me a four-year-old Thoroughbred, but I can't afford to have it boarded.
8) Once, at a bar: Dwight Yoakam touched my hand.
9) By noon I’m usually: Dressed.
10) Last night: I had a patron on the phone who thought she could change reality by repeating the same erroneous statements twenty million times.
11) If I only had: more bookcases.
12) Next time I go to church: will probably be at the Methodist church in North Wilkesboro.
13) What worries me most: My sister.
14) When I turn my head left: I see Ellie asleep on the back of the cat sofa.
15) When I turn my head right: Claudius awake in the hallway.
16) You know I'm lying when: I say that I don't mind if you put me on hold.
17) What I miss most about the eighties: our old house.
18) If I were a character written by Shakespeare, I’d be: the Fool.
19) By this time next year: I should be back working days.
20) I have a hard time understanding: why anyone ever thought media consolidation would be a good idea.
21) You know I like you if: I ask you what you're reading.
22) If I won an award, the first person I’d thank would be: the person who handed it to me.
23) Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferraro: only one of these was ever in an episode of Alias Smith and Jones!
24) Take my advice, never: tease a weasel. A weasel will not like it and teasing isn't nice! (Anyone else read that book?)
25) My ideal breakfast is: salmon cream cheese on a sesame seed bagel and a Coke.
26) If you visit my hometown, I suggest you go to: MerleFest.
27) Why doesn't everyone: read more books.
28) If you spend the night at my house: the parrot Trevor will dictate when it's lights out.
29) I’d stop my wedding: if it had to be one of those long, drawn-out affairs.
30) The world could do without: Kenny Chesney.
31) My favorite blonde is: my daughter.
32) If I do anything well, it’s: procrastinate.
33) And by the way: my husband's retirement ended today. So much for that.
Sherman Alexie cancels book tour for memoir about his mother.
Why is Ben Murphy so happy? Because for once in his life, he's on time. He beat Roger Davis, Steve Kanaly and the moderator to the pan...
Last night I read Julian Barnes' The Sense of an Ending . Yes, the night before it went up against Donald Ray Pollock's The Devil Al...
This interactive book consists of a series of questions, the answers to which are found in the final word in the questions. For example,...