Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Summer Reading



Since I have completed a scant four titles off of my 21-item reading priorities list for the year I ought not be making an additional reading list for the summer. Because really, what use is it to plot out an entire summer's reading when I prove every single month that I can't stick to a reading plan to save my life?

But it's a tradition I have, although not a sensible one, and many others are doing it this year as well.

Why not list 21 more books that I'd like to give some attention to this summer?

The House of Spirits. Isabel Allende
Emma. Jane Austen (reread)
Anything Goes. Madison Smartt Bell
The Penderwicks. Jeanne Birdsall
Marcovaldo. Italo Calvino
Water Wings. Kristen den Hartog
David Copperfield. Charles Dickens
A Sudden Country. Karen Fisher
Suttree. Cormac McCarthy (reread for Readerville)
The People's Act of Love. James Meek
The World I Made for Her. Thomas Moran
A Dead Language. Peter Rushforth
The Scapegoat. Mary Lee Settle
Mercury Visions of Louis Daguerre. Dominic Smith
The Finishing School. Muriel Spark (Slave of Golconda)
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. Muriel Spark (reread for Slaves of Golconda)
Abide with Me. Elizabeth Strout
Everyman's Rules for Scientific Living. Carrie Tiffany
Galapagos. Kurt Vonnegut
Triangle. Katharine Weber
The Return of the Soldier. Rebecca West

No comments: